2 day itinerary for Alleppey
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is a beautiful city in Kerala, India. It is famous for its backwaters, beaches, and houseboats. Here's an ideal itinerary for 2 days in Alleppey:
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast at one of the local cafes or restaurants.
- Head to the Alleppey Beach, which is just a few kilometers away from the city center. Enjoy the serene beauty of the beach and take a dip in the Arabian Sea.
- After spending some time at the beach, head to the Alleppey Backwaters. You can either take a boat ride or hire a houseboat to explore the backwaters. The backwaters are a network of lagoons, lakes, and canals that run parallel to the Arabian Sea coast. You can witness the local life of people living on the banks of the backwaters, see the paddy fields, coconut groves, and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- In the evening, visit the Alleppey Lighthouse, which is located near the beach. Climb up the lighthouse to get a panoramic view of the city and the sea.
- Start your day early and head to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which is about 15 km away from Alleppey. The sanctuary is home to various species of birds, including migratory birds. You can take a boat ride through the sanctuary to spot the birds.
- After visiting the bird sanctuary, head to the Pathiramanal Island, which is a small island located in the middle of the Vembanad Lake. You can take a boat ride to reach the island and spend some time there. The island is a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers.
- In the evening, visit the St. Mary's Forane Church, which is one of the oldest churches in Kerala. The church is known for its beautiful architecture and serene surroundings.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Alleppey. Make sure to try the local cuisine, which includes seafood, appam, and puttu. Enjoy your trip!