3 day itinerary for Assam
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Assam is a beautiful state in Northeast India, known for its lush greenery, tea plantations, wildlife sanctuaries, and rich cultural heritage. Here's an ideal itinerary for 3 days in Assam:
- Start your day with a visit to the Kamakhya Temple, one of the most revered shrines in Assam. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kamakhya and is located on the Nilachal Hill.
- After visiting the temple, head to the Assam State Museum, which houses a vast collection of artifacts related to the state's history, culture, and art.
- In the evening, take a stroll along the Brahmaputra Riverfront and enjoy the scenic beauty of the river.
- Begin your day by visiting the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to the famous one-horned rhinoceros. You can also spot other animals like wild boars, leopards, and various species of birds.
- After spending the morning at the sanctuary, head to the Hajo Pilgrimage Centre, which is a sacred site for Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists alike. The center has several temples and mosques that are worth exploring.
- In the evening, visit the Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, a cultural complex that showcases the art, music, and dance forms of Assam.
- Start your day by visiting the Kaziranga National Park, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to two-thirds of the world's one-horned rhinoceros population. You can also spot tigers, elephants, and other animals here.
- After spending the morning at the park, head to the Majuli Island, which is the largest river island in the world. The island is known for its unique culture, traditions, and handicrafts.
- In the evening, enjoy a traditional Assamese dinner and cultural program at a local restaurant.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Assam. Have a great time exploring this beautiful state!