3 day itinerary for Coorg
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Coorg is a beautiful hill station located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India. It is known for its lush greenery, coffee plantations, and scenic beauty. Here's an ideal itinerary for 3 days in Coorg:
- Start your day with a visit to the Namdroling Monastery, also known as the Golden Temple. This Tibetan Buddhist monastery is home to over 5,000 monks and nuns and is one of the largest teaching centers of the Nyingma lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Next, head to the Dubare Elephant Camp, where you can interact with elephants, feed them, and even take a ride on their backs. It's a unique experience that you won't forget!
- In the evening, visit the Raja's Seat, a beautiful garden that offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It's the perfect place to watch the sunset and relax after a busy day.
- Start your day with a visit to the Abbey Falls, a picturesque waterfall surrounded by lush greenery. You can take a short trek to reach the falls and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- Next, head to the Talacauvery, which is the source of the river Cauvery. It's a sacred place for Hindus and is surrounded by beautiful hills and forests.
- In the evening, visit the Madikeri Fort, which was built in the 17th century. It's a great place to learn about the history of Coorg and enjoy the beautiful architecture.
- Start your day with a visit to the Nagarhole National Park, which is home to a variety of wildlife, including tigers, elephants, and leopards. You can take a safari through the park and enjoy the natural beauty.
- Next, head to the Chiklihole Reservoir, which is a beautiful lake surrounded by hills and forests. You can enjoy a picnic here or take a boat ride on the lake.
- In the evening, visit the Omkareshwara Temple, which is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It's known for its unique architecture and peaceful atmosphere.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Coorg. Make sure to try the local cuisine, which includes delicious dishes like pandi curry (pork curry) and akki roti (rice bread). Enjoy your trip!