2 day itinerary for Delaware
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Delaware is a small state, but it's packed with history, culture, and natural beauty. Here's an ideal itinerary for 2 days in Delaware:
- Start your day with a visit to the Hagley Museum and Library in Wilmington. This museum tells the story of the DuPont family and their role in American industry. You can explore the gardens, see the original DuPont powder mills, and learn about the history of innovation in America.
- After the museum, head to the nearby Brandywine Creek State Park for a picnic lunch. This park has miles of hiking trails, beautiful views of the Brandywine River, and plenty of spots to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- In the afternoon, drive down to Lewes, a charming coastal town on the Delaware Bay. Check out the Zwaanendael Museum, which tells the story of Delaware's Dutch heritage, and take a stroll through the historic district to see some of the oldest buildings in the state.
- For dinner, head to Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats in Rehoboth Beach. This brewery and restaurant serves up delicious food and beer, and often has live music or other events.
- Start your day with a visit to the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington. This museum has an impressive collection of American art, including works by Howard Pyle, N.C. Wyeth, and Andrew Wyeth.
- After the museum, head south to Dover to visit the First State Heritage Park. This park includes several historic sites, including the Old State House (where Delaware ratified the U.S. Constitution), the Johnson Victrola Museum (which tells the story of sound recording technology), and the John Bell House (a restored 18th-century home).
- For lunch, head to the Farmer & The Cow in Wilmington. This farm-to-table restaurant serves up delicious burgers, sandwiches, and salads made with locally sourced ingredients.
- In the afternoon, head to the Delaware Seashore State Park for some beach time. This park has miles of sandy beaches, dunes, and salt marshes to explore. You can swim, sunbathe, or take a hike on one of the park's many trails.
- For dinner, head to the Green Room at the Hotel du Pont in Wilmington. This elegant restaurant serves up classic French cuisine in a beautiful setting.
There you have it! Two days in Delaware filled with history, culture, and natural beauty.