2 day itinerary for Faro
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Faro is a beautiful city located in the southern region of Portugal, known for its stunning beaches, historic landmarks, and delicious cuisine. Here's an ideal itinerary for 2 days in Faro:
- Start your day with a hearty breakfast at one of the local cafes. We recommend trying the traditional Portuguese pastries such as Pastel de Nata or Bolo de Arroz.
- After breakfast, head to the historic center of Faro, also known as Cidade Velha. Take a stroll through the charming streets and admire the colorful buildings and historic landmarks such as the Cathedral of Faro and the Arco da Vila.
- Next, visit the Municipal Museum of Faro, which showcases the history and culture of the Algarve region. The museum is housed in a former convent and features a collection of artifacts, paintings, and sculptures.
- For lunch, head to Mercado Municipal de Faro, a bustling market where you can find fresh seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Try some of the local specialties such as grilled sardines or octopus salad.
- In the afternoon, take a boat tour of Ria Formosa Natural Park, a protected area that is home to a variety of bird species and marine life. You can also enjoy swimming and sunbathing on the nearby beaches.
- End your day with a dinner at one of the seafood restaurants in the marina area, where you can enjoy a stunning view of the sunset.
- Start your day with a visit to the Faro Archaeological Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts from the Roman and Moorish periods. The museum is located in a former convent and features a beautiful courtyard.
- Next, head to Praia de Faro, a beautiful beach located just a short bus ride away from the city center. Spend the morning swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- For lunch, head to one of the beachside restaurants and try some of the local seafood dishes such as grilled fish or seafood rice.
- In the afternoon, visit the Estoi Palace, a beautiful 19th-century palace that has been converted into a hotel. The palace features stunning gardens, fountains, and a beautiful pink facade.
- End your day with a dinner at one of the traditional Portuguese restaurants in the city center, where you can enjoy some of the local specialties such as Cataplana or Cozido à Portuguesa.
We hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Faro!