2 day itinerary for Idukki
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Idukki is a beautiful district in Kerala, India, known for its lush green hills, tea plantations, and wildlife sanctuaries. Here's an ideal itinerary for 2 days in Idukki:
- Start your day early with a visit to the famous Idukki Arch Dam, which is one of the highest arch dams in Asia. You can enjoy the scenic views of the dam and the surrounding hills from the viewpoint.
- Next, head to the nearby Hill View Park, which offers panoramic views of the Idukki Reservoir and the Western Ghats. You can also take a walk through the park and enjoy the fresh air and greenery.
- After that, visit the Tea Museum in Munnar, which showcases the history and evolution of tea plantations in the region. You can also taste some delicious tea here.
- In the evening, you can go for a nature walk in the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including elephants, leopards, and deer.
- Start your day with a visit to the Periyar National Park, which is one of the most popular wildlife sanctuaries in India. You can take a boat ride on the Periyar Lake and spot animals like tigers, elephants, and wild boars.
- Next, head to the Kalvari Mount, which is a popular pilgrimage site for Christians. You can climb up the hill and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- After that, visit the Keezharkuthu Falls, which is a beautiful waterfall surrounded by lush green forests. You can take a dip in the cool waters and enjoy the natural beauty.
- In the evening, you can visit the Kurinjimala Sanctuary, which is known for its rare and endangered species of flora and fauna. You can take a guided tour of the sanctuary and learn about the conservation efforts being undertaken here.
These are just some of the many things you can do in Idukki. I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip!