3 day itinerary for Kerala
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Kerala is a beautiful state in India, known for its serene backwaters, lush greenery, and rich cultural heritage. Here's an ideal itinerary for 3 days in Kerala:
- Start your day with a visit to the Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace. This palace was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later renovated by the Dutch.
- Next, head to the Jewish Synagogue, which is located nearby. This synagogue is one of the oldest in India and has a unique architecture that reflects the Jewish culture.
- After that, take a stroll through the streets of Fort Kochi, which is a historic neighborhood with colonial-style buildings, art galleries, and cafes.
- In the evening, watch a Kathakali performance, which is a traditional dance form of Kerala. You can catch a show at the Kerala Kathakali Centre or the Cochin Cultural Centre.
- Start your day early and head to Alleppey, which is known for its backwaters. Take a houseboat ride through the backwaters and enjoy the scenic beauty of the place.
- Have lunch on the houseboat and continue your ride until sunset. You can also opt for a night stay on the houseboat if you want to experience the backwaters at night.
- Start your day with a visit to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is located in Thekkady. This sanctuary is home to a variety of wildlife species, including elephants, tigers, and leopards.
- Take a boat ride on the Periyar Lake, which is located inside the sanctuary. This will give you a chance to spot some wildlife and enjoy the scenic beauty of the place.
- In the evening, head to a spice plantation and learn about the different spices grown in Kerala. You can also buy some fresh spices to take back home as souvenirs.
This itinerary will give you a taste of the rich culture and natural beauty of Kerala. Enjoy your trip!