2 day itinerary for Kozhikode
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, is a beautiful city in Kerala that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and nature. Here's an ideal itinerary for 2 days in Kozhikode that your family will love:
- Start your day with a visit to the Kozhikode Beach, which is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. You can enjoy a leisurely walk on the beach, take a dip in the sea, or simply relax and soak in the sun.
- Next, head to the Mananchira Square, which is a beautiful park located in the heart of the city. The park has a large pond in the center, surrounded by lush greenery and walking paths. You can spend some time here enjoying the serene atmosphere and taking in the sights and sounds of the city.
- After that, visit the Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary, which is located about 20 km from the city center. The sanctuary is home to a wide variety of migratory birds, including herons, egrets, and storks. You can take a boat ride through the mangrove forests and spot some of these beautiful birds in their natural habitat.
- In the evening, head to the S.M. Street, which is a bustling shopping district in the city. You can shop for souvenirs, spices, and other local products, and also try out some delicious street food.
- Start your day with a visit to the Thusharagiri Waterfalls, which are located about 50 km from the city center. The waterfalls are surrounded by lush green forests and offer a breathtaking view. You can take a trek through the forest to reach the waterfalls and enjoy a refreshing dip in the cool waters.
- Next, visit the Beypore Beach, which is located about 10 km from the city center. The beach is known for its scenic beauty and is a popular spot for fishing and boating. You can take a boat ride through the backwaters and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
- After that, visit the Kozhikode Backwaters, which are located about 15 km from the city center. The backwaters offer a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape and are a great place to relax and unwind.
- In the evening, head to the Kozhikode Handloom Market, which is located in the heart of the city. The market is known for its exquisite handloom products, including sarees, dhotis, and towels. You can shop for some authentic Kerala handicrafts and also try out some local delicacies.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Kozhikode!