3 day itinerary for Ladakh India
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Ladakh is a beautiful region in India that offers stunning landscapes, rich culture, and adventure activities. Here's an ideal itinerary for 3 days in Ladakh:
- Start your day early with a visit to the Shanti Stupa, a white-domed Buddhist stupa that offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Next, head to the Leh Palace, a 17th-century palace that was once the residence of the royal family of Ladakh. The palace offers a glimpse into the region's history and architecture.
- After lunch, visit the Hall of Fame, a museum dedicated to the Indian Army's bravery and sacrifice in the Kargil War. The museum also showcases Ladakhi culture and traditions.
- In the evening, explore the local markets of Leh, where you can shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and traditional clothing.
- Today, embark on a scenic drive to Nubra Valley, located about 120 km from Leh. The valley is known for its sand dunes, double-humped camels, and picturesque villages.
- En route, stop at Khardung La Pass, one of the highest motorable passes in the world, at an altitude of 18,380 feet. The pass offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas.
- Upon reaching Nubra Valley, visit the Diskit Monastery, a 14th-century monastery that houses a 32-meter statue of Maitreya Buddha.
- You can also take a camel ride on the sand dunes or go for a short trek in the valley.
- Spend the night in a traditional homestay or campsite in Nubra Valley.
- Today, head to Pangong Tso Lake, a high-altitude lake located about 160 km from Leh. The lake is famous for its changing colors and serene surroundings.
- En route, stop at the Chang La Pass, another high-altitude pass that offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Upon reaching Pangong Tso Lake, spend some time admiring the beauty of the lake and taking pictures.
- You can also go for a short hike around the lake or indulge in some water sports like kayaking or boating.
- In the evening, drive back to Leh and spend the night relaxing in your hotel.
This itinerary covers some of the best attractions and experiences that Ladakh has to offer. However, there are many other places to explore in the region, so feel free to customize the itinerary based on your interests and preferences.