5 day itinerary for Munnar
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Munnar is a beautiful hill station located in the Western Ghats of Kerala, India. It is known for its lush green tea plantations, scenic beauty, and pleasant weather. Here's an ideal itinerary for 5 days in Munnar that will help you make the most of your trip while making friends along the way:
Day 1: Arrival and Local Sightseeing
- On your arrival in Munnar, check into your hotel and freshen up.
- Start your day by visiting the Tea Museum, where you can learn about the history and production of tea in Munnar.
- Next, head to the Mattupetty Dam, which is a popular picnic spot and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- In the evening, visit the local market and interact with the locals to get a taste of the local culture and cuisine.
Day 2: Trekking and Adventure Activities
- Start your day with a trek to the Anamudi Peak, which is the highest peak in South India and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- After the trek, indulge in some adventure activities like rock climbing, rappelling, and zip-lining.
- In the evening, relax and unwind at your hotel or head to a local restaurant to try some delicious Kerala cuisine.
Day 3: Wildlife Safari and Nature Walk
- Start your day with a wildlife safari at the Eravikulam National Park, which is home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr and a variety of other wildlife species.
- After the safari, take a nature walk through the lush green forests and enjoy the serene beauty of the surroundings.
- In the evening, head to the Top Station, which is the highest point in Munnar and offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
Day 4: Waterfalls and Plantations
- Start your day by visiting the Attukad Waterfalls, which is a popular tourist spot and offers stunning views of the cascading waterfalls and lush green surroundings.
- Next, visit the Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, which is the highest tea plantation in the world and offers a unique experience of tea tasting and plantation tours.
- In the evening, head to the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to a variety of wildlife species and offers a unique experience of camping in the wilderness.
Day 5: Departure
- On your last day in Munnar, take a leisurely stroll through the tea plantations and enjoy the serene beauty of the surroundings.
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel and bid farewell to your new friends and the beautiful hill station of Munnar.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Munnar and make some new friends along the way. Have a great trip!