5 day itinerary for Sicily
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Here's a suggested itinerary for 5 days in Sicily that will allow you to relax, enjoy delicious food, take in stunning views, hit the beach, and stay within your budget:
Day 1: Arrival in Catania
- Arrive at Catania airport and check into your hotel.
- Spend the day exploring the city's historic center, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Saint Agatha, and the Ursino Castle.
- For dinner, head to one of the many trattorias in the city center and try some traditional Sicilian dishes like pasta alla Norma or arancini.
- Take a day trip to Taormina, a picturesque hilltop town overlooking the Ionian Sea.
- Stroll along Corso Umberto, the main street lined with shops and cafes, and visit the ancient Greek Theater.
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant with a view of Mount Etna and the sea.
- In the afternoon, head to Isola Bella, a small island connected to the mainland by a narrow strip of sand. Relax on the beach and swim in the crystal-clear water.
- Drive to Syracuse, another UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its ancient Greek ruins and Baroque architecture.
- Visit the Archaeological Park of Neapolis, which includes a well-preserved Greek theater, a Roman amphitheater, and the Ear of Dionysius, a limestone cave with incredible acoustics.
- Have lunch at a seafood restaurant in the Ortigia neighborhood, which is also home to the Piazza del Duomo and the Fountain of Arethusa.
- In the evening, head back to Catania and have dinner at a local pizzeria.
- Take a guided tour of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe.
- Drive up to Rifugio Sapienza, a ski resort at 1,900 meters above sea level, and take a cable car and jeep ride to reach the summit area.
- Walk around the craters and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Have lunch at a mountain hut and try some local specialties like grilled sausage and mushrooms.
- In the evening, head back to Catania and have dinner at a street food market.
- Spend your last day in Sicily exploring more of Catania's hidden gems.
- Visit the Benedictine Monastery, which houses a beautiful baroque library and a collection of ancient artifacts.
- Take a stroll through the colorful fish market and try some fresh seafood.
- Relax at the beach of San Giovanni Li Cuti, located just a few minutes from the city center.
- For your final dinner, head to a trattoria and indulge in some delicious Sicilian desserts like cannoli or cassata.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan an unforgettable trip to Sicily!