5 day itinerary for Udaipur
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Udaipur is a beautiful city in Rajasthan, India, known for its stunning palaces, lakes, and rich cultural heritage. Here's an ideal itinerary for 5 days in Udaipur:
Day 1: Arrival and City Tour
- Arrive in Udaipur and check into your hotel.
- Start your day with a visit to the City Palace, one of the most iconic landmarks in Udaipur. The palace complex is a blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture and houses several museums and galleries.
- Next, head to Jagdish Temple, a 17th-century temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
- In the evening, take a boat ride on Lake Pichola and enjoy the stunning views of the city and its palaces.
Day 2: Explore the Countryside
- Start your day early and head to Kumbhalgarh Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located about 80 km from Udaipur. The fort is known for its massive walls and beautiful architecture.
- On your way back, stop at Ranakpur Jain Temple, one of the most famous Jain temples in India. The temple is known for its intricate carvings and peaceful surroundings.
- In the evening, return to Udaipur and relax at your hotel.
Day 3: Visit the Monuments
- Start your day with a visit to Saheliyon Ki Bari, a beautiful garden built for the royal ladies of Udaipur. The garden is known for its fountains, marble elephants, and lush greenery.
- Next, head to Fateh Sagar Lake, a popular spot for boating and picnicking. You can also visit the Nehru Park located on an island in the middle of the lake.
- In the afternoon, visit the Monsoon Palace, a hilltop palace built by the royal family of Udaipur. The palace offers stunning views of the city and its surroundings.
Day 4: Shopping and Food
- Start your day with a visit to the local markets in Udaipur, such as Bapu Bazaar and Hathi Pol Bazaar. You can shop for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts, textiles, and jewelry.
- Next, head to Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel and enjoy a traditional Rajasthani thali for lunch. The thali includes a variety of dishes such as dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and ker sangri.
- In the evening, attend a cultural show at Bagore Ki Haveli, a beautiful haveli located on the banks of Lake Pichola. The show includes folk dances, puppet shows, and music performances.
Day 5: Departure
- On your last day in Udaipur, you can relax at your hotel or explore the city on your own.
- If you have time, you can visit the Shilpgram Crafts Village, a cultural center that showcases the art and craft of Rajasthan.
- Later, check out from your hotel and head to the airport or railway station for your onward journey.
I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Udaipur!