3 day itinerary for Varkala
Share and earn 3 free tokens
They get 5 tokens for signing up with your link
Varkala is a beautiful coastal town in Kerala, India, known for its stunning beaches, cliffside views, and spiritual significance. Here's an ideal itinerary for 3 days in Varkala:
- Start your day with a visit to the famous Janardhana Swamy Temple, which is located at the end of the beach road. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is believed to be over 2000 years old.
- After visiting the temple, head to the Papanasam Beach, which is known for its clear waters and black sand. Take a dip in the sea or simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
- In the evening, take a walk along the cliffside and enjoy the stunning views of the Arabian Sea. You can also explore the local shops and cafes that line the cliff.
- Start your day early and head to the Kappil Lake, which is located about 7 km from Varkala. This serene lake is surrounded by lush greenery and offers breathtaking views of the backwaters.
- After spending some time at the lake, head back to Varkala and visit the Anjengo Fort, which was built by the British East India Company in the 17th century. The fort offers a glimpse into the colonial history of the region.
- In the evening, head to the Varkala Beach and watch the sunset over the Arabian Sea. You can also indulge in some water sports like surfing or parasailing.
- Start your day with a visit to the Sivagiri Mutt, which is a spiritual center founded by the great social reformer, Sree Narayana Guru. The mutt is located on top of a hill and offers panoramic views of the surrounding areas.
- After visiting the mutt, head to the Varkala Aquarium, which is home to a variety of marine life including sharks, rays, and turtles.
- In the evening, head to the Odayam Beach, which is located about 6 km from Varkala. This secluded beach is perfect for a peaceful evening stroll or a romantic picnic.
That's it! I hope this itinerary helps you plan your trip to Varkala. Have a great time exploring this beautiful coastal town!